Will Ferrell is a well-known actor and comedian who rose to fame on Saturday Night Live for his comedic performance and amazing celebrity impressions. He is one of Hollywood’s leading comedians and has acted in over 50 films throughout his career. Most of Ferrell’s income comes from his acting career, but he also owned a production company and co-owned a major league football team. As of 2023, Will Ferrell’s net worth is nearly $160 million.
Will Ferrell’s net worth in 2023
|Net Worth (2023)||$160 million (estimated)|
Will Ferrell staff biography
Will Ferrell was born on July 16, 1967 in Irvine, California to Betty Kay and Roy Lee Ferrell Jr. His mother was a teacher while his father was a musician, playing saxophone and keyboards for the Righteous Brothers. Will’s parents divorced when he was eight years old. He also has a little brother. As a toddler, Ferrell suffered from pyloric stenosis and had to undergo surgery to cure the disease. After seeing his father in show business where there was no steady income and where he had to stay away from home, Ferrell decided never to get into show business.
In 1995, Farrell met Swedish actress Viveca Paulin at an acting class and they began dating. The couple married in 2000 and have three sons together. The family lives in New York and sometimes in California.
|Full name||Jean William Ferrell|
|Profession||Actor, Comedian, Producer, Author|
|comedy genres||Improvisation, sketch, physics, character, cringe, political satire, etc.|
|active years||1991 – today|
|Old||Born July 16, 1967|
|Place of birth||Irvine, California, United States|
|Training||University of Southern California (BA)|
|Together||Viveca Paulin (2000–present)|
|Parents||Betty Kay (mother) Roy Lee Ferrell Jr. (father)|
High school comedy and early career
Ferrell began doing comedy skits with a friend in high school. He even took part in talent shows and wrote his own material. He then enrolled at the University of Southern California to study sports broadcasting and did an internship at a local athletic department television station. However, Ferrell did not enjoy the show and left the job after graduating from college.
After college, Ferrell took jobs as a hotel porter and later a bank teller in Wells Fargo, but lost both jobs due to negligent behavior. His mother then encouraged him to do something he loved, and Ferrell moved to Los Angeles. In 1994 he joined the comedy group The Groundlings and began to develop his improvisational skills. Soon, Ferrell landed small roles in television series, low-budget films, and commercials.
SNL, movies and dubbing
As Saturday Night Live’s popularity began to wane in 1995, the show’s producers went in search of something new comedian. One of the producers saw Ferrell’s performance on The Groundlings and asked him to audition for the show. Will successfully auditioned for SNL and soon attracted attention through his impersonations. His famous impressions include US President George W. Bush, US Vice President Al Gore, Iraqi President Saddam Hussein and Cuban President Fidel Castro, singers Robert Goulet and Neil Diamond and others. He left the show in 2002 after working for seven years. In a 2014 poll, Will was voted the best Saturday Night Live actor of all time.
While still a member of Saturday Night Live, Ferrell appeared in several films including hits like Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery, Zoolander, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, etc. After leaving the series , Ferrell starred in the film Old School (2003), which not only was a commercial success, but also earned Ferrell an MTV Movie Award nomination for Best Comedic Performance. His next project, Elf, released that same year, earned him another MTV Movie Awards nomination. Ferrell’s other films, Stranger Than Fiction and Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, also enjoyed critical and box office success.
Ferrell has worked as a voice actor on several episodes of the Fox series Family Guy and also provided his voice on another Fox sitcom King of the Hill. Ferrell also voiced the films Curious George, Megamind, The Lego Movie and its sequel The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part.
Stage Career, Podcasting & Production
In 2009, Ferrell made his Broadway debut in the one-man show You’re Welcome America. One Last Night with George W. Bush, where he reprises his role as former US President George Bush. Ferrell launched his podcast called The Ron Burgundy Podcast in 2019. Originally slated to run for two seasons, the podcast became a huge hit and was renewed for a fifth season in 2022. Along with producer Adam McKay, Will founded the production company Gary Sanchez Productions, which produced an HBO show entitled Eastbound & Down. Ferrell also served as an executive producer on The Chris Gethard Show and Dead to Me. The company closed in 2019 after a dispute between Ferrell and McKay.
Check out the richest TV presenters in the world
The 10 best films by Will Ferrell
Here is a list of some popular movies Will Ferrell has been in.
- The Lego Movie (2014)
- Eleven (2003)
- The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part (2019)
- Everything Must Go (2010)
- The Other Boys (2010)
- Stranger Than Fiction (2006)
- Old School (2003)
- Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (2006)
- Megamind (2010)
- Blades of Glory (2007)
Awards won by Will Ferrell
Primetime Emmy Awards
- 2019 Outstanding Variety Special (Live) for Live in Front of Studio Audiences: “All in the Family” and “The Jeffersons”
- Outstanding Sequel Drama Series 2020
- Outstanding variety show (live) in front of a studio audience: “All in the Family” and “Good Times”
- 2022 Outstanding Drama Series for the Succession
MTV Film and Television Awards
- 2007 Best Kiss for Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
Teens Choice Awards
- 2007 Movie Actor Chosen – Comedy for Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby and Blades of Glory
Kids’ Choice Award
- Favorite Movie Actor 2016 for Daddy’s Home
- 2007 Best Sports Film for Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
- 2008 Best Sports Film for Semi-Pro
- 2007 Spike TV Guys’ Choice Award for Funniest and Most Viral Mo-Fo Video
- 2008 James Joyce Award in recognition of “excellence in one’s field”
- 2011 Mark Twain Prize for American Humor
- 2015 British GQ Men of the Year: Comedian of the Year
- Ferrell was ranked #51 and #38 on Premiere magazine’s Power 50 list in 2004 and 2005, respectively.
- He graced the cover of GQ magazine three times.
- In 2015 he received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Ferrell still holds the record for most goals scored at his school.
- He was the first and last guest on The Tonight Show with Conan O’Brien.
- Ferrell was ranked #17 on EW’s 2007 “50 Smartest People in Hollywood.”
- He was elected on the 3rdapprox “Funniest Person in America” by Entertainment Weekly.
Best salaries for Will Ferrell
Check out some of Will Ferrell’s highest paying movies:
- Fiery (2022) – $20,000,000
- Land of the Lost (2009) – $20,000,000
- Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (2006) – $20,000,000
- Semi-Pro (2008) – $20,000,000
- Bewitched (2005) – $20,000,000
- Kicks and Screams (2005) – $20,000,000
- Host: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004) – $7,000,000
- The Shrink Next Door (2021) – $1,000,000/episode
frequently asked Questions
What is Will Ferrell’s net worth in 2023?
$160 million (approx.)
Does Will Ferrell play football professionally?
No, but he attended Soccer Aid 2012 to raise money for UNICEF UK.
Does Ferrell own a football league team?
Yes, he co-owns Major League Soccer (MLS) team Los Angeles FC.
Post by: Findy
category by: Net Worth