Sonya Thomas is a competitive eater known for setting numerous competitive eating records. She made her debut in 2003 by winning the IFOCE (International Federation of Competitive Eating) Rookie of the Year award. Thomas quickly rose through the ranks with his incredible skills and quickly made a name for himself among the food competition’s elite. Find out more about Sonya Thomas, including her personal and professional life, interesting facts and more. In this article.
Sonya Thomas personal life
The table below contains some basic personal information about Sonya Thomas. No details are known about his parents or family.
|Full name||Sonya Thomas|
|Birth Name||Lee Sun-kyung|
|nicknames||The Black Widow, leader of the Four Horsemen of the Maw|
|birth date||July 26, 1967|
|Place of birth||Kusan, South Korea|
|Residence||Alexandria, Virginia, United States|
|Net worth (as of 2023)||$1 million (estimated)|
Competitive food competitions and challenges
Thomas joined the International Competitive Food Federation in 2003 and a year later earned her first major win, competing in the 2004 Wing Bowl. With that win, she became the first woman to win a Wing Bowl. At the Nathan’s Hot Dog Contest that same year, she ate 32 hot dogs, setting the record for most hot dogs ever eaten by an American contestant. In 2006, Sonya won her first Asian competition in Hong Kong by eating 17 Chinese-style lotus seed buns in 12 minutes. He set another world record.
From 2007 to 2011, Sonya won every National Buffalo Wing Festival US Chicken Wing Eating Championship. In 2011, she also won the United States Chicken Wing Eating Championship in Buffalo, New York. In the competition, she ate 183 chicken wings in 12 minutes. Earlier that year, Thomas won the first Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest for the women’s championship. She took first place after eating 40 hot dogs in 10 minutes, winning $10,000 and the first pink belt.
After winning five straight years at the National Buffalo Wing Festival, Thomas lost to Joey Chestnut in 2012. He ate 191 chicken wings in 12 minutes and won the competition. At another Buffalo Wing Festival in Buffalo, New York, she lost first place in a chicken wing contest to Eric Booker. Sonya lost another waffle-eating contest in Atlanta to Joey Chestnut. Chestnut also defeated Thomas in a contest at the Krystal Square Off in Chattanooga where she placed third.
Sonya Thomas workout routine and eating habits
Check out Sonya Thomas’ diet and exercise routine to help her maintain her competitive endurance while eating.
- Thomas runs on an incline treadmill for two hours, five times a week.
- To maintain her habit, she regularly visits restaurants’ all-you-can-eat buffets.
- She never practices speed eating for more than two minutes.
- Sonya fasts all night before a competition to suppress her appetite.
- She only eats one very large meal a day and takes her time to eat it.
- His meal includes green vegetables and fresh fruit.
Competition results and records
Hot Dog Contest Results
Thomas has competed in the Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest since 2003 and is one of the top eaters. She took first place in the women’s competition when the competition was held for both men and women together. After the competition was separated into men and women, Thomas always placed in the top three participants.
|Year||Number of hot dogs||rank|
|2005||37||2n / A|
|2014||27.75||2n / A|
|2015||31||2n / A|
|2016||35||2n / A|
iJustine net worth and biography
Marques Brownlee net worth
Joey Chestnut net worth
Buffalo Wing competition results
Thomas has won the Buffalo Wing Contest a total of seven times, once two years in a row (2003 and 2004) and then five years in a row (2007 to 2011).
|Year||Number of bison wings||rank|
Food records by Sonya Thomas
Here are Sonya Thomas’ food records by the numbers:
- 1.125 gallons of chili in 6 minutes
- 4 pounds, 141⁄4 ounces Wegman’s Fruitcake in 10 minutes
- 5.75 pounds of tempura-fried asparagus spears in 10 minutes
- 6 slices of extra-large Boccia pizza in 15 minutes
- 7 3⁄4 pound thickburger in 10 minutes
- £7.75 Turducken.com Thanksgiving dinner in 12 minutes
- 9 pounds crawfish jambalaya in 10 minutes
- 11 pounds Downtown Atlantic Cheesecake in 9 minutes
- 23 pulled pork sandwiches in 10 minutes
- 38 moon cakes in 8 minutes
- 43 soft tacos in 11 minutes
- 44 lobsters totaling 11.3 pounds of lobster meat in 12 minutes
- 46 dozen Acme oysters in 10 minutes
- 46 3-ounce crab cakes in 10 minutes
- 65 hard-boiled eggs in 6 minutes and 40 seconds
- 80 chicken nuggets in 5 minutes
- 183 chicken wings in 12 minutes
- 206 gyozas in 10 minutes
- 250 Tater Tots in 5 minutes
- Sonya Thomas is one of the top ranked eaters in the International Competitive Eating Federation (Major Eating League).
- After all her competitions, Sonya claimed that she still had a significant stomach capacity.
- She surpassed professional football player Randy Thomas, who is known for his appetite. She ate 6.5 pounds of shrimp in 10 minutes, compared to 1.5 pounds for Randy.
- His favorite foods at competitions are chicken wings, oysters and hard-boiled eggs.
- She was featured in a MasterCard Paypass commercial alongside fellow countryman Takeru Kobayashi.
- Thomas has competed in several events and in 2005 won over $50,000 in prizes.
- His dream was to one day own a fast food franchise.
- She wanted to take part in Japanese cooking competitions, but they last longer than she would like.
- Sonya holds records in over 25 eating competitions.
- She is nicknamed “The Black Widow” because she can defeat men four to five times her size.
frequently asked Questions
Why is Sonya Thomas the most famous?
Sonya Thomas is a performance eater from Virginia who is known for holding several records in this area.
How heavy is Sonya Thomas?
Its actual weight is difficult to determine, but is usually between 45 and 50 kilograms.
Why isn’t Sonya Thomas fat?
Because she follows an intensive training and training program and also eats healthy outside of competitions.
Post by: Findy
category by: Net Worth