Morgan Freeman is known in Hollywood for his deep, distinctive and iconic voice. He is also one of the highest-grossing actors of all time, with films grossing over US$10 billion at the worldwide box office. Whether starring, supporting, or narrating a film, Freeman did it all with a charm and grace that no one else has. Freeman has received numerous awards and accolades for his contribution to the film industry. Additionally, he has earned a handsome net worth of around $250 million through his successful acting career. For more information on Morgan Freeman’s net worth in 2023 and other interesting facts about the actor, read this article.
Morgan Freeman’s Net Worth 2023
|Profession||Actor, director, producer|
|Net Worth (2023)||$250 million (estimated)|
Personal Biography of Morgan Freeman
Morgan Freeman was born on June 1, 1937 in Memphis, Tennessee to Mamie Edna and Morgan Porterfield Freeman. His mother was a teacher while his father was a hairdresser. Morgan was the youngest of his parents’ four children. Freeman made his acting debut at age 9 and won a national theater competition at age 12. Growing up, Morgan enlisted in the United States Air Force, where he worked as an auto-tracking radar repairman. He then studied theater at Los Angeles City College, where he was encouraged by a teacher to become a dancer.
Freeman was married to Jeanette Adair Bradshaw from 1967 to 1979. He then married Myrna Colley-Lee in 1984 but separated in 2007. He has four children.
|Full name||Morgan Freeman|
|Profession||Actor, director, producer, narrator|
|active years||1964 – today|
|Old||Born June 1, 1937|
|Place of birth||Memphis, Tennessee, United States|
|Training||Broad Street High School|
|Together||Jeanette Adair Bradshaw (1967-1979) Myrna Colley-Lee (1984-2010)|
|Parents||Grandma Edna (mother) Morgan Porterfield Freeman (father)|
start of professional career
Freeman began his career in the entertainment industry as a dancer and was also a member of the musical theater company Opera Ring. For a short time he also worked as a typist. He got his first acting job as an extra in the drama film The Pawnbroker. But Freeman’s first notable appearance was in the film Who Says I Can’t Ride a Rainbow! During the same period, Freeman starred on the children’s television show The Electric Company when he was struggling financially. With this show, he gained both financial stability and some recognition in the industry. However, due to hard work, he left the show in 1975 and took a brief career break. In 1978 he returned to acting, appearing in stage productions and continuing his work in the theater.
In 1980, Morgan landed a small role in the drama Brubaker and also had an appearance in the TV movie Attica. The breakthrough in his career came when he landed the role of a street vendor in the crime thriller Street Smart. Morgan received an Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actor for his role in the film. His next film, Clean and Sober, brought him critical acclaim despite its poor box office results. Freeman’s next major role was in the 1989 film Glory, which was nominated for five Academy Awards and won three of them. For his role in the film Driving Miss Daisy, Freeman received his first Academy Award nomination for Best Actor and second overall.
Freeman has now been in the industry for about six decades, starring in films big and small, but powerful. Most of the films in which he was a part did well at the box office, and even those that didn’t saw Morgan continue to stun audiences with his performance. In his 80s, Freeman is still getting major roles in films, which is why he can confidently be called one of the greatest actors of all time.
Freeman is a co-founder of the film production company Revelations Entertainment, which has produced films such as Bopha!, Mutiny, Under Suspicion, Along Came a Spider, and others. He also founded the film download company ClickStar in 2006, which went out of business in 2008. Freeman also owns a blues club called Ground Zero and was a part owner of the fine dining restaurant Madidi. As a director, Freeman worked on the film “Bopha!”.
Morgan Freeman’s best films
Check out some of Morgan Freeman’s best movies, among others.
|The Shawshank Redemption||1994|
|million dollar baby||2004|
|I drive Miss Daisy||1989|
|The Lego Movie||2014|
|The Black Knight||2008|
|away baby away||2007|
Awards and Honors
Here is a list of all the awards and accolades Morgan Freeman has received throughout his career.
- 2004: Best Supporting Actor for “Million Dollar Baby”.
Golden Globe Awards
- 1989 Best Actor – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy for Driving Miss Daisy
Screen Actors Guild Awards
- 2004: Outstanding Actor in a Supporting Role for Million Dollar Baby.
Black Reel Rewards
- 2009 Best Actor for Invictus
- 2015 Best Vocal Performance for The Lego Movie
NAACP Picture Awards
- 1989: Outstanding Actor in a Motion Picture for Driving Miss Daisy
- 1989: Outstanding Actor in a Motion Picture for Lean on Me.
- 1997: Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture for Amistad
- 1997: Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture for Deep Impact
- 2003: Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture for Bruce Almighty
- 2004: Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture for Million Dollar Baby.
- 2009: Outstanding Actor in a Motion Picture for Invictus
Film Critics’ Award
- 1987 Los Angeles Film Critics Association Award for Best Supporting Actor for Street Smart.
- 1987 National Society of Film Critics Award for Best Supporting Actor for Street Smart
- 1987 New York Film Critics Circle Award for Best Supporting Actor for Street Smart
- 1994 Dallas-Fort Worth Film Critics Association Award for Best Actor for The Shawshank Redemption
- 1995 London Film Critics Circle Award for Actor of the Year for Seven
- 1995 National Society of Film Critics Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role for Seven
- 1987 Independent Spirit Award for Best Supporting Actor for Street Smart
- 1989 National Board of Review Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role for Driving Miss Daisy
- 1989 Silver Bear for Best Supporting Actor Team (shared with Jessica Tandy) for Driving Miss Daisy.
- 1995 Empire Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role for Seven
- 2008 People’s Choice Award for Favorite Cast of The Dark Knight
- 2009 National Board of Review Award for Best Actor for Invictus
Interesting facts about Morgan Freeman
- Few people know that Morgan is an avid beekeeper.
- His favorite sport is golf.
- At the age of 65, Freeman earned his private pilot’s license.
- In 2000, he received the Hollywood Outstanding Achievement in Acting award.
- He is one of two African American actors in the top 5 highest grossing actors of all time. Eddie Murphy is the other.
- Empire Magazine (UK) placed Freeman at number 31 on its list of the “100 Greatest Movie Stars of All Time”.
- Morgan is also the recipient of the American Film Institute’s 39th Lifetime Achievement Award.
Morgan Freeman on social media
frequently asked Questions
What is Morgan Freeman’s net worth in 2023?
$250 million (approx.)
What is Morgan Freeman suffering from?
Freeman suffers from fibromyalgia after a serious accident in 2008. Due to the illness, he wears a compression glove that promotes blood circulation.
How many Oscar nominations does Morgan Freeman have?
5 nominations with 1 win
Post by: Findy
category by: Net Worth