Mickey Rourke is a professional actor and former boxer who has had a successful career in both fields. He has won numerous awards and was even nominated for an Oscar for Best Actor. Rourke began his career as a boxer, then turned to acting and became a boxer again before finally embarking on his acting career. Mickey has been in the industry for many years now and has amassed an amazing fortune. For more details on Mickey Rourke Net Worth in 2023 and other interesting facts about the actor/boxer, read this article below.
Mickey Rourke’s Net Worth 2023
|Profession||Actor, boxer, screenwriter|
|Net Worth (2023)||$10 million (estimated)|
Associates of Mickey Rourke biography
Mickey Rourke was born on September 16, 1952 in Schenectady, New York to Annette and Philip Andre Rourke. His father abandoned the family when Mickey was young, and later his parents divorced. His mother later married a Miami Beach police officer and moved to South Florida with their children. Rourke has a younger brother Joey, a sister Patricia and five half brothers from his mother’s second marriage.
In 1981 he married Debra Feuer, whom he met on the set of the film Hardcase (1981). The marriage ended in 1989, but the two remained good friends. In 1991, Mickey married model and actress Carré Otis. Their relationship went through a rough patch and Rourke was arrested on suspicion of domestic violence. The charges were later dropped and the couple reconciled, but their marriage ultimately ended in 1998. From 2009 to 2015, Rourke dated German model Anastassija Makarenko. In addition, Mickey has dated celebrities such as Terry Farrell and Sasha Volkova.
|Full name||Philip Andre Rourke Jr.|
|Profession||Actor, boxer, screenwriter|
|other names||Eddie Cook|
|active years||Actor (1979–present) Boxer (1964–1994; 2014)|
|Old||Born September 16, 1952|
|Place of birth||Schenectady, New York, USA|
|Training||Miami Beach High School|
|Together||Square Otis (1991-1999) Debra Feuer (1981-1989)|
|partner||Anastasia Makarenko (2009 – 2015)|
|Parents||Annette Rourke (Mother) Philip Andre Rourke (Father)|
Also check Pedro Pascal Net worth
Mickey Rourke’s career
Mickey began his career as a boxer and won his first fight when he was just 12 years old. During a practice bout with world welterweight champion Luis Rodríguez in 1969, Mickey suffered a concussion, followed by another in a fight in 1971. Afterward, doctors told Rourke to take a year off and rest, and he retired temporarily out of the ring. . During this time as an amateur boxer, Rourke’s boxing record was 27 wins and 3 losses.
Rourke made a boxing comeback in 1991 and has fought internationally in countries such as Germany, Spain and Japan. However, after a series of injuries including a broken nose, toe and ribs, a split tongue, a crushed cheekbone and even memory loss, Rourke decided to retire from his boxing career. He briefly returned to the ring for an exhibition match in 2014, which he won by TKO (total knockout) in the second round.
Rourke got his first acting experience when he was cast in a school play in 1971. At the time, he was still a senior at Miami Beach Senior High School. After temporarily quit boxing, Mickey found another job at the University of Miami as an actor in a play directed by his friend. This time he fell in love with acting and moved to New York to study acting while earning a living from many odd jobs.
Mickey’s professional acting career began with roles in television films. He landed his first film role with a small role in Steven Spielberg’s 1941 (1979). The following year he appeared in the slasher film Fade to Black, but it was his role in the film Body Heat (1981) that caught Mickey’s attention. From the mid-1980s he received further leading roles. His 1982 film Diner won Rourke multiple awards, and the film Angel Heart (1987) was his second film to be nominated for multiple awards. In 2005, Rourke appeared in Frank Miller’s adaptation of Sin City, for which he received multiple awards. In 2008, Rourke starred in the film The Wrestler, for which he received his first and only Academy Award nomination for Best Actor.
Screenplay, stage and music videos
In the late 1980s, Rourke wrote his first screenplay, Homeboy, in which he co-starred with then-wife Debra Feuer. He also wrote the screenplay for the film Bullet and co-wrote screenplays for The Last Ride, Killer Moon, Penance and Pain.
Rourke provided the mid-song rap for David Bowie’s 1987 song “Shining Star” and appeared as the villain in Enrique Iglesias’ music video for “Hero” in 2001. In 2004 he provided the vocals of “Jericho” in “The Driver”. video game. Rourke made her stage debut with the play A View from the Bridge.
The best Mickey Rourke movies
Here is a list of some popular movies Mickey Rourke has been in.
- Sin City (2005)
- The Wrestler (2008)
- Buffalo ’66 (1998)
- Angel Heart (1987)
- Growling Fish (1983)
- Barfly (1987)
- Thursday (1998)
- Dinner (1982)
- Iron Man 2 (2010)
- Year of the Dragon (1985)
List of awards and nominations
Here is the full list of awards Mickey Rourke has won throughout his acting career.
- 1983 Boston Society of Film Critics Award for Best Supporting Actor for Diner
- 1983: National Society of Film Critics Award for Best Supporting Actor for Diner
- 2006 Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actor for Sin City
- 2006 Chicago Film Critics Association Award for Best Supporting Actor for Sin City
- 2006 Irish Film and Television Awards: Best International Actor Award for Sin City
- 2006 Online Film Critics Society Award for Best Supporting Actor for Sin City
- 2008 Washington DC Area Film Critics Award for Best Actor for The Wrestler.
- 2008 San Francisco Film Critics for Best Actor for The Wrestler.
- 2008: San Diego Film Critics Society Best Actor Award for The Wrestler.
- 2008 Toronto Film Critics Association Award for Best Actor for The Wrestler.
- 2008 Chicago Film Critics Association Award for Best Actor for The Wrestler.
- 2008 Florida Film Critics Circle Award for Best Actor for The Wrestler.
- 2008 Detroit Film Critics Society Award for Best Actor for The Wrestler.
- 2009 Golden Globe for Best Actor – Drama Award for The Wrestler
- 2009 Independent Spirit Best Male Lead Award for The Wrestler
- 2009 BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role for The Wrestler.
- 2009 Santa Barbara International Film Festival Riviera Award for The Wrestler
- 2010 Scream Awards Best Villain Award for Iron Man 2
- He credited his brother Joey for stopping him from taking his own life in 1998.
- Rourke owned a gym called Shapiro in West Hollywood.
- Mickey’s “9½ Weeks” co-star Kim Basinger once called him “the human ashtray.”
- Rourke is a motorcycle enthusiast.
- El Marielito was his boxing nickname.
- Rourke was arrested twice, once for domestic violence and once for drunk driving.
- He loves pets and is especially fond of small breed dogs.
- Rourke was once a co-owner of a very small liquor/ice cream/magazine stand in Beverly Hills.
Mickey Rourke on social media
frequently asked Questions
Question 1: What is Mickey Rourke’s net worth in 2023?
Answer: $10 million (approx.)
Question 2: Did Mickey Rourke do all of his stunts in The Wrestler?
Answer: Yes, the then 56-year-old actor did all of his stunts on The Wrestler.
Question 3: How tall is Mickey Rourke?
Post by: Findy
category by: Net Worth