Elizabeth Warren is an American politician currently serving as a senior United States Senator from Massachusetts since 2013. She defeated Republican incumbent Scott Brown to become the first female US Senator from Massachusetts in 2012. Warren is recognized as a progressive politician focused on consumer protection, fair economic opportunity, and a social safety net in the Senate. She has been a member of the Democratic Party since 1996 and was previously a member of the Republican Party for five years. Warren was a candidate for the 2020 Democratic Party presidential primary, finishing third behind Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders. Find out more about Elizabeth Warren Net Worth 2023, Political Background, Honors etc from this article.
Elizabeth Warren Net Worth in 2023
|Net Worth (2023)||$12 million (estimated)|
Personal Biography of Elizabeth Warren
Elizabeth Ann Warren was born on June 22, 1949 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma to Pauline Louise Donald Jones Herring. Her mother was a homemaker and her father was a US Army flight instructor during World War II. She has her three older brothers, two of whom have died from Covid and cancer. Warren initially wanted to be a teacher and left college after two years to marry James Robert Warren, whom she met in high school.
Elizabeth and her husband James married in 1968 and the couple moved to Houston where James was employed by IBM. They had two children together, but the couple finally divorced in 1978. Two years later, in 1980, Warren married her current husband, Bruce H. Mann, a law professor. Warren also has three grandchildren with daughter Amelia.
|Full name||Elizabeth Ann Warren|
|Profession||Politician, law professor, author|
|Political party||Democrat (1996–present) Republican (1991–1996)|
|Active years (in office)||2008-present|
|Training||University of Houston (BS), Rutgers University (JD)|
|Place of birth||Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States|
|Old||73 years old|
|birth date||June 22, 1949|
|Together||Bruce H. Mann (1980–present) Jim Warren (1968–1978)|
|Number of Children||2|
|Parents||Pauline Louise (Mother) Donald Jones Herring (Father)|
- In 2011, Warren founded the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, an agency that investigates consumer complaints, provides financial tools and resources, and regulates financial institutions.
- Before Warren became Massachusetts’ first woman senator in 2013, she served as chair of the Congressional Oversight Committee for the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP).
- Warren also serves on the US Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Cities Affairs and chairs the Subcommittee on Economic Policy.
- She has been a law professor for over 30 years and has written 11 books, four of which are bestsellers.
Other popular works
- Warren has appeared in the documentaries Maxed Out (2007), Michael Moore’s Capitalism: A Love Story (2009), and Heist: Who Stole the American Dream? on. (2011) and Makers: Women Who Made America (2013).
- Warren wrote Time Magazine’s 2019 Time 100 entry for Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.
- Warren opened Saturday Night Live in March 2020 with fellow impressionist artist Kate McKinnon.
- A wide range of merchandise is sold under Warren’s name, including an action figure.
- Musician Jonathan Mann even wrote songs about Elizabeth Warren, including “She Persisted.”
Presidential Election 2020
Warren officially announced his candidacy for the 2020 presidential election in 2019 at a rally in Lawrence, Massachusetts. Following this announcement, Warren published several policy proposals and gained immense popularity in election polls. She was known for the number and depth of her policy proposals. On March 5, 2020, she ended her campaign.
Elizabeth Warren Awards and Honors
- Warren was named 2009 Bostonian of the Year by the Boston Globe.
- The Women’s Bar Association of Massachusetts presented Warren with the Lelia J. Robinson Award.
- Warren was the first professor to win Harvard Law School’s Sacks-Freund teaching award for a second time.
- Warren was also ranked among the 40 most influential lawyers of the decade.
- Warren was inducted into the Oklahoma Hall of Fame.
- The New Statesman magazine named Elizabeth Warren one of the “20 Best American Progressives”.
- Warren was named one of Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World in 2009, 2010, 2015 and 2017.
- The National Law Journal has repeatedly named Warren one of the fifty most influential lawyers in America.
Contact information for Elizabeth Warren
What is Elizabeth Warren’s net worth in 2023?
$12 million (approx.)
How is Elizabeth Warren so rich?
Warren’s wealth comes from her husband’s writing and work at Harvard, in addition to her Senate salary.
Has Elizabeth Warren ever appeared in Forbes?
Elizabeth Warren has been included in the Forbes 2021 list of 50 of 50 – Investing.
Post by: Findy
category by: Net Worth