Bruce Willis is an actor known for portraying tough characters in movies. He has brought many successes to the industry and his films have grossed over $2.5 billion worldwide. After struggling through endless auditions, Willis began landing supporting roles in films, most of which were uncredited. His hard work was later noticed by Glenn Gordon Caron, who cast him for a leading role in the hit series Moonlighting. One of the most popular actors in the Hollywood film industry, Willis has now retired from acting due to health reasons. Find more details about the actor like Bruce Willis Net Worth in 2023, his personal and professional life, lesser known facts and more in this article.
Bruce Willis Net Worth 2023
|Net Worth (2023)||$250 million (estimated)|
Personal biography of Bruce Willis
Bruce Willis was born on March 19, 1955 in Idar-Oberstein, West Germany to a German mother, Marlene, and an American father, David Willis. David was an American soldier who later worked as a welder, master mechanic and factory worker while Marlene worked in a bank. Willis has a younger sister and two younger brothers.
Willis met actress Demi Moore at the Stakeout premiere and they began dating. The couple married in 1987 and had three daughters. However, they announced their split in 1998. Willis then became engaged to actress Brooke Burns, but they also split after a few months. He then married model Emma Heming in 2009 and they have two daughters together.
|Full name||Walter Bruce Willis|
|active years||1980 – 2023|
|Old||Born March 19, 1955|
|Place of birth||Idar-Oberstein, West Germany|
|Bruce Willis spouse||Emma Heming (2009–present), Demi Moore (1987–2000)|
|Parents||Marlene (mother) David Willis (father)|
Willis’ professional breakthrough came in 1985 with his role in the television series Moonlighting. Not only did he garner critical acclaim for his role, he also won an Emmy Award for Best Actor and a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor. Two years later he made his film debut with the film “Blind Date”. He was then cast as John McClane in the 1988 film Die Hard, which brought him worldwide fame. Following the film’s incredible success, Bruce landed roles in the sequels Die Hard 2 and Die Hard With a Power.
The actor starred in various hit films such as Pulp Fiction, The Sixth Sense, Armageddon, 12 Monkeys and many others in the 1990s and early 2000s. In the later years of his career, Bruce acted in many low-budget films and his career began to decline. In 2022, Willis’ family announced his retirement after being diagnosed with aphasia.
Best Bruce Willis Movies
|The sixth Sense||1999|
|city of sin||2005|
|The fifth Element||1997|
|Die hard with all your might||1995|
|Live free or die hard||2007|
The highest salaries for Bruce Willis films
- Live Free or Die Hard – $25,000,000
- Hart’s War – $22,500,000
- Unbreakable – $20,000,000
- The Child – $20,000,000
- The Sixth Sense – $20,000,000
- Last Man Standing – $16,500,000
- Die Hard With A Might – $15,000,000
- Armageddon – $14,800,000
- The Last Scout – $14,000,000
- Look who’s talking – $10,000,000
Awards won by Bruce Willis
Check out below the list of awards Bruce Willis has won during his proud career spanning 40+ years.
Golden Globe Awards
- 1987 Best Actor in a Television Series – Comedy or Musical for Moonlighting
- 1986 Favorite actor in a new TV show for Moonlighting
- 2000 Favorite Movie Star in a Drama for The Sixth Sense
Primetime Emmy Awards
- 1987: Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series for Moonlighting.
- 2000: Outstanding Guest Actor in a Friends Comedy Series
Central Ohio Film Critics Association Award
- 2013 Best Ensemble for Moonrise Kingdom
Hit Entertainment Awards
- 1999 Favorite Actor – Science Fiction for Armageddon
- 1999 Favorite Supporting Actor – Suspense for The Siege
- 2000 Favorite Actors – Thriller for The Sixth Sense
Rewards Circuit Community Rewards
- 1994: Best Cast Ensemble for Pulp Fiction
- Bruce landed the role of John McClane after Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone turned him down.
- In addition to aphasia, Bruce also suffers from frontotemporal dementia.
- In 2010, he was the eighth highest-grossing leading actor.
- Bruce strutted around like a kid, but less stuttering on stage.
- In the early 1980s he earned his living working as a bartender
- Willis has won many Raspberry Awards, given for worst performance.
- He owns several small businesses in Idaho.
- As a recording artist, the actor had mild success in the 1980s.
- He did most of his stunts in Die Hard.
frequently asked Questions
What is Bruce Willis Net Worth?
$250 million (approx.)
What causes aphasia?
It affects a person’s ability to communicate.
Which film is Bruce Willis’ most successful film?
The Sixth Sense ($672.8 million)
Post by: Findy
category by: Net Worth