Beto O’Rourke is a politician from El Paso, Texas who also served as the U.S. Representative for Texas’ 16th congressional district from 2013 to 2019.
He was also a member of the Democratic Party and a 2018 US Senate candidate. Beto O’Rourke is also a businessman with few successful business ventures and is currently worth around $9 million in 2023.
As the Democratic nominee for Texas gubernatorial election in 2022, O’Rourke had also raised millions from his campaign, backed by various billionaires. This article provides in-depth information on Beto O’Rourke Net Worth, Career Highlights, Personal Life etc.
Beto O’Rourke net worth 2023
|Beto O’Rourke Net Worth||$9 million (estimated)|
|real estate money||$3 million (estimated)|
|investments||$6 million (estimated)|
Beto O’Rourke Biography
Robert Francis O’Rourke was born on September 26, 1972 in El Paso, Texas to Pat Francis O’Rourke and Melissa Martha O’Rourke. His father, a politician and cycling enthusiast, died in an accident in 2001 when he was riding his bicycle along the side of the Pete Domenici Freeway and was hit from behind.
O’Rourke married Amy Sanders, daughter of real estate magnate Bill Sanders and his wife Louann. Sanders once dated O’Rourke’s mother and introduced her to O’Rourke’s father. Together, Beto and Amy have three children and live in El Paso’s Sunset Heights in the Henry Trost-designed mission-style home where General Hugh Scott and Pancho Villa are said to have met in 1915.
|Full name||Robert Francis “Beto” O’Rourke|
|Years active in the office||2005-present|
|birth date||Sept. 26, 1972|
|Number of Children||3|
|Parents||Melissa Williams (Mother) Pat O’Rourke (Father)|
Beto O’Rourke career highlights
Here are the main highlights of Beto O’Rourke’s political career:
- O’Rourke comes from a local political family in El Paso, Texas and graduated from Woodberry Forest School and Columbia University.
- While attending Columbia, he began a brief music career, playing bass guitar in the post-hardcore band Foss.
- After graduating, O’Rourke returned to El Paso in 1998 to pursue a career in business.
- In 2005 he founded Stanton Street Technology Group, an Internet services and software company.
- In the same year he was also elected to the El Paso City Council, where he served until 2011.
- O’Rourke was elected to the United States House of Representatives in 2012 after defeating incumbent Democrat Silvestre Reyes for eight terms.
Also check: Herschel Walker fortune
Beto O’Rourke Business Ventures – Music, software and politics company
Beto started his music career while in college and joined his first band, Swipe. After graduating, he began working as a janitor and art transporter, and then worked for an internet service provider run by his uncle. O’Rourke also had a job at the HW Wilson Company, where he worked as a proofreader and wrote short stories and songs in his spare time.
After returning to El Paso in 1998, Beto worked as a warehouse clerk at his mother’s luxury furniture store. In 2000, he co-founded his own Internet services and software company, Stanton Street Technology Group.
Although O’Rourke accompanied his father to campaign stops and other political events throughout his childhood, his affinity for politics was reinforced by the success of Ray Caballero as mayor in 2001. When Caballero was not re-elected, O’Rourke considered running for office and entering politics seriously.
A look at Beto O’Rourke’s net worth breakdown
- According to reports from various sources, Beto O’Rourke had an estimated net worth of $9 million.
- His company, Stanton Street Technology Group, in which Amy Sanders sold her shares, raising between $100,000 and $1 million.
- O’Rourke was a partner at Imperial Arms LLC, a real estate company valued at over $1 million. The O’Rourkes sold the property in early 2017.
- His fractional ownership of Peppertree Square Ltd., a shopping center in West El Paso, brings him between $2 million and $10 million.
- He experienced at least $340,000 in capital gains, rent, interest, dividends, and stock sales.
- There is a trust fund in Amy O’Rourke’s name that is valued at between $1 million and $5 million. It was started by his father, Bill Sanders.
- The couple also owes more than $1.3 million in debt, mostly in the form of mortgages. This includes a home mortgage of at least $250,000 and a declared Stanton Street commercial loan of at least $15,000.
- Before leaving Congress, O’Rourke earned $174,000 a year as a member.
What is Beto O’Rourke’s net worth in 2023?
9 million dollars
What is Beto O’Rourke’s current job?
Member of the El Paso, Texas City Council
Who is the current Governor of Texas?
Gregory Wayne “Greg” Abbott
Post by: Findy
category by: Net Worth