Amy Klobuchar is a United States Senator from Minnesota and the first woman elected to represent the state of Minnesota in the United States Senate. Klobuchar has a reputation for flouting its impartiality to support families, workers and businesses, and to strengthen the economy. She was ranked by Vanderbilt University as the “most effective” Democratic senator in the 115th Congress. Prior to serving in the Senate, Klobuchar led Minnesota’s largest prosecutor’s office for eight years, specializing in both violent crime and white-collar crime. Key details about the Democrat like Amy Klobuchar Net Worth 2023, Salary, Biography, Awards etc are here in this article.
Amy Klobuchar Salary and Net Worth 2023
|Net Worth (2023)||$1.5 million (estimated)|
Amy Klobuchar Personal Biography
Amy Klobuchar was born on May 25, 1960 in Plymouth, Minnesota to Rose Klobuchar and Jim Klobuchar. Her father was a retired sportswriter and columnist for the Star Tribune, and her mother taught second grade until her retirement at age 70. Klobuchar’s parents divorced when she was 15, damaging her relationship with her father. Amy is also a cousin of musician Zola Jesus.
Klobuchar has been married to John Bessler since 1993 and they have one daughter together. Bessler is an attorney in private practice and a professor at the University of Baltimore Law School, while her daughter is a Yale University graduate and served as Legislative Director for New York City Councilman Keith Powers.
|Full name||Amy Jean Klobuchar|
|Active years (in office)||1999 – today|
|Training||Yale University (BA), University of Chicago (JD)|
|Place of birth||Plymouth, Minnesota, United States|
|Old||62 years old|
|birth date||May 25, 1960|
|Together||John Bessler (1993–present)|
|Number of Children||1|
|Parents||Rose Klobuchar (Mother) Jim Klobuchar (Father)|
Amy Klobuchar Political Career
US Senator Mark Dayton announced in early 2005 that he would not stand for re-election, giving Klobuchar the opportunity to enter politics himself. Amy secured the DFL nomination for the 2006 election and won the support of a majority of DFL state legislators in Minnesota in the primary. Klobuchar faced Independence Party candidate Robert Fitzgerald, Republican candidate Mark Kennedy, Green Party candidate Michael Cavlan and Constitutional candidate Ben Powers in the general election. Not only did she lead the polls throughout the campaign, she eventually won with 58% of the vote, becoming the first woman elected US Senator from Minnesota. Klobuchar won a second term in the US Senate in 2012 and 2018.
Klobuchar’s 2020 presidential campaign
Klobuchar declared his candidacy for the 2020 Democratic Party presidential election in February 2019. However, not very late in March 2020, Klobuchar suspended his campaign and began supporting Joe Biden. It was also reported in May 2020 that when Biden asked Klobuchar for formal confirmation of her vice presidential job, she backed down and said Biden should go with a woman of color.
Awards and Honors
Amy Klobuchar has received several awards and honors for her service to the people. Discover some of the prestigious awards awarded to Klobuchar:
- In 2001, Minnesota attorney Amy Klobuchar named “Attorney of the Year.”
- She received a leadership award from Mothers Against Drunk Driving for her work in successfully passing Minnesota’s first on-road disability law.
- The American Prospect called her a “woman to watch,” while Working Mother named her “Best in Congress” in 2008 for her focus on working families.
- In 2012 Klobuchar received the Sheldon Coleman Great Outdoors Award.
- She was one of the recipients of the Agricultural Retailers Association’s 2012 Legislator of the Year award.
- In 2013, Amy received the Friend of CACFP award for her leadership in passing the Healthy Hunger Free Kids Act.
- Klobuchar received the Friends of Farm Bureau award from the Minnesota branch of the American Farm Bureau Federation in 2014.
- The National Consumers League honored Klobuchar with the 2015 Trumpeter Award.
- Goodwill Industries presented him with the Goodwill Policymaker Award for his involvement in the nonprofit sector.
- Klobuchar received the 2017 Arabella Babb Mansfield Award from the National Association of Women Lawyers.
- In 2021, Klobuchar received the Association of American Publishers’ Distinguished Public Service Award.
frequently asked Questions
What is Amy Klobuchar’s net worth in 2023?
$1.5 million (approx.)
How long has Amy Klobuchar been a US Senator from Minnesota?
Amy took office as United States Senator from Minnesota in January 2007 and has served since.
When was Amy Klobuchar diagnosed with cancer?
In February 2021, Amy was diagnosed with stage 1A breast cancer. After successful treatment, she was declared cancer-free in August 2021.
Post by: Findy
category by: Net Worth