Arguably one of the greatest actors of all time, Al Pacino is one of the few actors to have won the Triple Crown for acting with an Oscar, two Tony Awards and two Primetime Emmy Awards. In addition to being a renowned actor, he has also done significant work as a writer, director and producer. Pacino has appeared in numerous notable films throughout his acting career, captivating fans and critics alike with his performance. Find out more details about the actor like Al Pacino’s Net Worth in 2023, Movies, Fun Facts and more in this article.
Al Pacino’s net worth 2023
|Profession||Actor, director, producer|
|Net Worth (2023)||$120 million (estimated)|
Employees of Al Pacino biography
Al Pacino was born on April 25, 1940 in Manhattan, New York to Rose and Salvatore Pacino. Al was his parents’ only child. His father worked as an insurance agent and restaurant owner. When he was only 2 years old, his parents divorced. He then moved with his mother to live with his maternal grandparents.
While working on the stage, Pacino met actress Jill Clayburgh and the couple dated for about five years. He was also in an enduring relationship with his Godfather co-star Diane Keaton. From 1988 to 1989, Pacino dated interim coach Jan Tarrant. In 1997 he began a relationship with actress Beverly D’Angelo, with whom he also had three children. From 2008 to 2018, Pacino had a decade-long relationship with Argentine actress Lucila Polak. In addition, he has also dated actresses Tuesday Weld, Marthe Keller, Kathleen Quinlan, and Lyndall Hobbs.
|Full name||Alfredo James Pacino|
|Profession||Actor, director, screenwriter, producer|
|active years||1967 – today|
|Old||Born April 25, 1940|
|Place of birth||New York, United States|
|Training||Actor studio HB Studio|
|The partners||Lucila Polak (2008 – 2018) Beverly D’Angelo (1997 – 2003) Jan Tarrant (1988 – 1989)|
|Parents||Rose Pacino (Mother) Salvatore Pacino (Father)|
Life’s struggle to grow up
At age 9, Pacino began smoking and at age 13 he began using marijuana occasionally. Growing up, he often got into arguments and was considered a troublemaker at school. He then enrolled at HB Studio to learn acting, but was largely unemployed and homeless even during this time. Pacino used to sleep on the street, in the theater or with friends. To fund his acting studies, Pacino even worked as a messenger, a janitor, a janitor, and a mail clerk, taking a job in the Commentary’s mail room. His two closest friends died of drug abuse at the age of 19 and 30 respectively. At the age of 22, he hit rock bottom when the only two influential people in his life, his mother and maternal grandfather, died.
Check out the list of the richest actors in the world
Al Pacino’s career
Al Pacino began his career on stage, appearing in several plays including Does a Tiger Wear a Necktie? and The Basic Training of Pavlo Hummel, for which he won a Tony Award. He also won an Obie Award for Best Actor for his role in the play The Indian Wants the Bronx. After seeing his performance in the play, Martin Bregman became Pacino’s manager and encouraged him to audition for the three most powerful roles in film life.The Godfather”, “Serpico” and “Dog Day Afternoon”.
Following his stage success, Pacino made his film debut with a brief appearance in the 1969 independent film I, Natalie. Despite his great acting in films, Pacino’s early work was not very rewarding financially. The actor was subsequently cast for the role of a heroin addict in the film The Panic in Needle Park (1971). His performance in the film caught the attention of director Francis Ford Coppola, who cast him as Michael Corleone in his next film, The Godfather (1972). This film proved to be a huge hit, bringing Pacino worldwide fame and his first Oscar nomination for Best Supporting Actor. The following year, Pacino starred in the film Serpico, for which he was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actor. In 1974 he reprized his role as Michael Corleone in The Godfather II and was nominated for an Oscar for the third time.
Director, screenwriter and producer
Pacino made his directorial debut in 1996 with the stage play Hughie. He also wrote, directed and produced the documentary Looking for Richard that same year. His first film as a director was the 2000 film Chinese Coffee Wilde. He also wrote, directed and starred in the 2011 documentary Wilde Salomé, for which Pacino received the Jaeger-LeCoultre Glory to the Filmmaker Award. In 2013, he also directed the film “Salome” based on the documentary. In addition to writing and directing, Al Pacino also served as producer on the 2014 film The Humbling.
Best Al Pacino Movies
Here are a handful of Al Pacino’s top rated movies, among many others.
- The Godfather Trilogy
- The Irishman (2019)
- Heat (1995)
- Scar Face (1983)
- Insomnia (2002)
- Women’s Perfume (1992)
- Serpico (1973)
- Dog Afternoon (1975)
- Donnie Brasco (1997)
- Carlito’s Way (1993)
List of awards won by Al Pacino
Al Pacino has won many awards in his acting career. Some of the most notable awards to his name are listed below.
- 1993 Best Actor for Parfum de femme
- 1976: Best Actor in a Leading Role for Dog Day Afternoon and The Godfather Part II.
Primetime Emmy Awards
- 2004: Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series or TV Movie for Angels in America
- 2010: Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series or TV Movie for You Don’t Know Jack
Golden Globe Awards
- 1974: Best Actor in a Feature Film – Drama for Serpico
- 1993: Best Actor in a Feature Film – Drama for Parfum de femme
- 2004: Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie – Television for Angels in America
- 2011 Best Actor in a Miniseries or a Motion Picture – Television for You Don’t Know Jack
Directors Guild Award
- 1997: Documentary Outstanding Achievement for Looking for Richard
Screen Actors Guild Awards
- 2004: Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Miniseries or TV Movie for Angels in America
- 2011: Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Miniseries or TV Movie for You Don’t Know Jack
- 1969: Best Actor in a Play for Does a Tiger Wear a Tie?
- 1977: Best Actor in a Play for Pavlo Hummel’s Basic Training
American Comedy Awards
- 1991: Best Supporting Actor in a Feature Film for Dick Tracy
Boston Society of Film Critics Award
- 1997: Best Actor for Donnie Brasco
Lesser known facts about Pacino
- Pacino even worked briefly as a comedian early in his career.
- He was the first male actor to receive two acting nominations for two films in the same year.
- Pacino was once arrested and charged with carrying a concealed weapon.
- He suffered from chronic insomnia.
- Popular actor Alec Baldwin wrote a thesis on Pacino for his New York University graduation.
- The actor has been nominated for nine Oscars.
- Pacino has been a recovering alcoholic since the beginning of his career.
- His performance as Michael Corleone in The Godfather Part II is ranked number 20 on Premiere magazine’s list of the 100 greatest appearances of all time.
- His portrayal as Tony Montana in Scarface is ranked #74 on Premiere magazine’s list of the 100 Greatest Movie Characters of All Time.
- Pacino became a father for the first time at 49, second and third times at 60.
frequently asked Questions
What is Al Pacino’s net worth in 2023?
$120 million (approx.)
Is Al Pacino the best actor in Hollywood?
Al Pacino is definitely one of the best Hollywood actors of all time.
How much did Pacino pay for the Godfather movie?
Pacino was paid a salary of $35,000 for Godfather I and $5 million for Godfather III.
Post by: Findy
category by: Net Worth